1st Year Apprentice Chef
We currently have an excellent opportunity for someone to commence their apprenticeship in Commercial Cookery. This position will commence in 2018 with TAFE training to start in 2019.
You will learn all aspects of Commercial Cookery while working in an award winning Restaurant & Function Centre in Orange NSW.
We are looking for a new team member who shares our passion for producing innovative food from locally sourced produce, who will enjoy working in an energetic kitchen and with a team that prides itself on consistently presenting high quality food to its customers. As a valuable member of our team, you will be working with qualified and experienced staff to assist you in the development of your skills.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with food preparation and service.
- Assist in the cleaning procedures to ensure a safe and hygienic kitchen.
- Ensure the safe storage of products and abide by relevant food health and safety requirements.
- Attend TAFE undertaking Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following attributes:
- Have an energetic and motivated personality, along with the ability to multi-task & be highly organised and efficient.
- Passion for food, and ability to work long hours and/or split shifts.
- Possess the ability to work under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Have an extremely high level of care with the food you produce.
- Want to become a qualified chef.
- Operate with a keen eye for detail.
- Be able to work flexible hours, weekends and evenings.
- Neat and tidy presentation.
If this sounds like the position for you and you have the passion for becoming a chef, then please email your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
D’Aquino Group of Companies
PO Box 8219
ORANGE NSW 2800
Applications close Friday 26th October 2018